Posted: September 18, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Carman, MB – September 18, 2019 – Five Manitoba commodity groups continue to move forward for potential amalgamation with the continued commitment to providing information to members. Members will vote in-person at the annual general meetings as part of the CropConnect Conference on February 12 and 13, 2020.
The steering committee comprised of directors from the Manitoba Corn Growers Association (MCGA), Manitoba Flax Growers Association (MFGA), National Sunflower Association of Canada (NSAC), Winter Cereals Manitoba, Inc. (WCMI) and the Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association (MWBGA) with assistance from their legal counsel have drafted bylaws of the potential new organization (NEWCO), as well as a draft of the amalgamation agreement.
Click here to read the full: News Release – Amalgamation Talks Continue with Vote to Occur February 2020
The annual general meeting dates of the five organizations, as part of the CropConnect Conference, are:
• National Sunflower Association of Canada – February 12, 2020 at 10:50 a.m.
• Manitoba Corn Growers Association – February 12, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
• Winter Cereals Manitoba Inc. – February 12, 2020 at 2:40 p.m.
• Manitoba Flax Growers Association – February 13, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
• Manitoba Wheat and Barley Growers Association – February 13, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.
Registration for the CropConnect Conference is not required to attend the annual general meetings.